IFRS Specialist (Senior Manager level)
|Salary||competitive+ bonus + car|
A Dutch listed company is looking for a Senior IFRS Specialist for their Reporting, Accounting and Consolidation department. Superb opportunity to be the technical advisor on IFRS for the company.
- promote financial integrity and transparency of accounting and financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
- ensure accounting policy adherence & standardization within your scope
- deliver sound accounting judgment and proposals such as resolution of accounting issues, special accounting and support to M&A
- pro-actively drive accounting / IFRS knowledge sharing and the application of this
Key areas of responsibility
- Identifying, monitoring new regulatory developments in financial reporting for listed companies in The Netherlands with respect to IFRS, Dutch laws and regulations (including AFM)
- Translate these developments into accounting policies and advise the company on the application of IFRS within the organization.
- Modeling and preparing (goodwill) impairment tests, onerous contract valuations, financial instruments (amortised costs measurements), asset held for sale measurements (IFRS 5)
- Maintaining the accounting manual; owns IFRS training content
- Identification of complex IFRS issues, resolving those and ensure these are properly rolled out and implemented that are aligned with external auditors
- Provide proper input on external reporting on relevant and complex notes, disclosures and relevant IFRS accounting topics and instructions to the local operating companies
- Participates in the accounting integration of new acquisitions to ensure their compliance to group policies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Academic background in accounting with relevant professional qualification (Registered Accountant, CPA or equivalent)
- 10+ years’ experience in a big-four auditing company
- Progressive experience in financial consolidation, external reporting of a public listed company
- Track record in transition and implementation of new accounting standards
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent excel and modeling skills on amongst others complex DCF calculations
- In-depth knowledge and broad experience of international accounting standards (IFRS) and active interest in new developments in this area
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.