IFRS Specialist (Senior Manager level)
|Salaris||competitive+ bonus + car|
A Dutch listed company is looking for a Senior IFRS Specialist for their Reporting, Accounting and Consolidation department. Superb opportunity to be the technical advisor on IFRS for the company.
- promote financial integrity and transparency of accounting and financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
- ensure accounting policy adherence & standardization within your scope
- deliver sound accounting judgment and proposals such as resolution of accounting issues, special accounting and support to M&A
- pro-actively drive accounting / IFRS knowledge sharing and the application of this
Key areas of responsibility
- Identifying, monitoring new regulatory developments in financial reporting for listed companies in The Netherlands with respect to IFRS, Dutch laws and regulations (including AFM)
- Translate these developments into accounting policies and advise the company on the application of IFRS within the organization.
- Modeling and preparing (goodwill) impairment tests, onerous contract valuations, financial instruments (amortised costs measurements), asset held for sale measurements (IFRS 5)
- Maintaining the accounting manual; owns IFRS training content
- Identification of complex IFRS issues, resolving those and ensure these are properly rolled out and implemented that are aligned with external auditors
- Provide proper input on external reporting on relevant and complex notes, disclosures and relevant IFRS accounting topics and instructions to the local operating companies
- Participates in the accounting integration of new acquisitions to ensure their compliance to group policies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Academic background in accounting with relevant professional qualification (Registered Accountant, CPA or equivalent)
- 10+ years’ experience in a big-four auditing company
- Progressive experience in financial consolidation, external reporting of a public listed company
- Track record in transition and implementation of new accounting standards
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent excel and modeling skills on amongst others complex DCF calculations
- In-depth knowledge and broad experience of international accounting standards (IFRS) and active interest in new developments in this area
Let op deze vacature is recent vervuld. Voor soortgelijke posities kunt u contact opnemen met Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. Wij helpen je graag verder.