|Location||South of Holland|
|Experience||ca. 3 yrs experience|
For our client, a US listed company, we are looking for a Assistant Controller. As a member of the Business Control team, you will assist with the financial and accounting control elements for our global operating sites, in addition to handling the administrative, lean search and due diligence processes in relation to the contracts for our auctions.
- Responsible for the reconciliation between corporate accounting and local accounting.
- Liaise with local accountants in Italy and Portugal, amongst other countries that we operate in, to ensure that the statutory local books are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Perform period end accounting closing activities, and carry out ad hoc and periodic analysis and reporting duties.
- Review and analyze auction contracts and results.
- Ensure compliance to local laws and regulations by engaging with external parties (such as local accountants, lawyers, lease companies and auction councils).
- Ensure compliance to corporate guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Assist in completing the contract administration process from signing a contract up to preparing its settlement statement, includes receiving and reviewing contract data for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to company’s policies.
- Review, verify and process at-risk contracts including assessing the customer’s VAT verification and data entry of banking and supplier information in the Oracle Supplier Maintenance module.
- Order, search and review public recording documents to determine status of liens filed against consigned equipment, includes contacting relevant creditors to obtain payoffs as required to clear the liens.
- Ensure appropriate authorizations are obtained in accordance with corporate controls and compliance is adhered to with government regulations.
- Coordinate the internal flow of contracts and internal reporting.
- Frequently fields questions from customers, as corporate staff.
- Actively contribute to improve internal procedures with innovative thinking and pro-active initiative to manage ongoing growth and business challenges.
- Performs other various duties as required from time to time.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related professional experience.
- Working experience with Oracle Financials preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency of other European language(s) is considered an asset (Italian, Portuguese and/or German preferred).
- Organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to effectively prioritize and executes tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills with a high proficiency level using Microsoft Excel and Word, including the ability to master new systems and to enter data quickly and accurately.
- A solid work ethic, without sacrificing your sense of humor or your ability to have fun on the job.
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.