Director IT General Control - EU
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a motivated candidate for the position of European director ITGC to lead the ITGC SOX team, which is part of Global Controllership. This is an individual contributor role, where we expect the successful candidate to be a subject matter expert in risks and controls. This position requires interaction with business owners and senior management globally. This role is expected to use sound discretion and professional judgment when interacting with business owners, senior management and external auditors.
The SOX team works in a collaborative manner and the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and COSO framework, experience with risk assessment, deficiency evaluation, IT General controls, interface controls, report testing and automated business process controls with exploration of manual controls and SOX control advisories. This person also has a willingness to work as a team, share ideas and identify solutions on SOX and a reliable control environment, which is critical to the success of the team.
- Implementation of ITGC SOX controls across Europe in accordance with COSO 2013 framework
- Assist in evaluating, reinforcing and promoting the SOX 404 and 302 program standards and approaches for documentation, control design, evaluation and effectiveness testing
- Assist in the SOX scoping and risk assessment activities
- Responsible for walkthroughs, testing, remediation, documentation, and reporting for IT controls, including IT General Controls, Automated Controls, Interfaces, Reports and End-User Computing Controls, IT tool testing
- Assist in assessing the impact of IT on business and finance processes
- Maintain the SOX work paper tool
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and resolving findings (internal and external audit)
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and make recommendations for process improvement
- Evaluate risks and controls for new system implementations, assess the financial impact on SOX controls and recommend solutions to correct issues identified
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness and identifiable benefits to the company
- Enhance status quo and bring effective ideas to enhance the SOX program
- Drive efficiencies by seeking opportunities for centralization, globalization and automation
- Liaison with process owners, internal auditors, external auditors and other stakeholders; prepare business stakeholders for internal and external audit reviews
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Information Technology expert
- Strong skills in Data Analytics
- Team-oriented leader, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project work with tight deadlines
- Creative, self-starter, quick learner, team player and dedicated individual who is eager to put their stamp on this role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across regional and/or functional lines
- 10+ years of experience in an IT environment, preferably in ITGC SOX controls.
- Experience in the execution of an end-to-end ITGC SOX program
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
- Good understanding of risks and controls for both Information Technology and Business Processes
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.