Due to an international career move of the current controller our FMCG client is now looking for a high potential to strengthen the finance team of their international holding. You will be reporting directly to the CFO and be working closely with various functions in HQ, including Corporate Finance, Treasury and Tax.
This role is regarded as a stepping stone towards more senior finance roles within the organisation.
Primary accountabilities of the Financial Controller:
- Coordinate the financial planning and analysis for several Dutch holding entities
- Coordinate all operational transactions for all Dutch holding entities
- Present monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews to the CFO and other Group functions
- Enhance the decision making processes and transparency of treasury transactions and provide recommendations to management to reduce financial risks and exposures
- Review/prepare the quarterly reporting packs for consolidation purposes as well as the quarterly tax packs and CFO briefs
- Review/prepare the statutory accounts for all Dutch entities
- Provide support to the tax manager to prepare the income tax return of the Dutch fiscal unity
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to improve internal processes and assume full accountability for delivering results
- Coordinate internal and external audits
- Manage ad hoc projects initiated by the CFO or Geneva headquarters
- You have one direct report, the Finance Associate, who will be your right hand and will be assisting you in all activities above. Your people management skills are a key asset to train and further develop the skills and competencies of the Finance Associate.
- RA or CPA education (with excellent knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS)
- Level (Assistant) Manager in an audit firm (preferably Big Four) or in a multinational environment
- Ambitious and driven, keen to make a next step after proven trackrecord
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Eye for detail, but also able to prepare annual and strategic plans with quality
- Able to communicate effectively at various levels across the organization
- “hands-on” and pro-active mentality
- Excellent people management skills
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Willingness to travel to HQ in Switzerland one or two days a month
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.