Financial Planning Analyst
The department is positioned at the center of the European matrix-organization, coordinating and aligning divisions and countries to meet all reporting requirements with the right quality and within the agreed deadlines. The FP&A department supports the divisions with meaningful and actionable analysis.
This Financial Planning Analyst will be responsible for supporting the financial reporting and projection process, delivering the necessary insights to the senior management on the performance of the divisions supported in the Europe area.
The role will need to coordinate with various stakeholders in a matrix organization, including the divisional finance, sales & marketing teams, as well as the local finance, European Financial Shared Service Center and the FP&A team.
The tasks will include FP&A activities covering reporting of results (month-end-close and dashboard), planning and forecasting preparation, and a day-to-day support to the Finance Directors of the divisions, Sales & Marketing functions.
In addition, the FP&A analyst will work as a referent to maintain and develop the existing internal process and reporting tools.
This role reports to the FP&A Manager and requires a strong partnership with the finance teams across our regions and divisions and the European Financial Shared Service Center.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
- Effectively communicates relevant information to stakeholders
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
Cross functional focus
- Influence personnel without having direct reporting authority over them
- Strong liaison between the SSC, Country Finance teams, FP&A Europe team and Divisional Finance leaders
- Be a pro-active and engaging team member of the FP&A Europe team
- Capable of balancing various divisional responsibilities
- Provide European management with reporting and analysis
- Support divisional Finance Directors on a wide range of finance inquiries (such as P&L analysis, KPI reporting, Business reviews, pricing analysis, tender analysis, monthly reporting pack, trend analysis, PV analysis, sales reporting) and ensured they are delivered timely and with accuracy
- Support Divisional Finance Directors during Budget and Projection exercises
- Standardize European reporting to the maximum extend possible
- Focus on continuous improvements in efficiency and quality projects
- Help divisional finance leads in providing meaningful analysis to the business
- Be able to work with multiple departments (Marketing / Supply Chain / sales force….)
- Build effective relationships with Finance, Divisional Finance, Regional Marketing, Sales leadership and country teams.
- Capable of explaining complicated financial information to non financials
- Undertake adhoc analysis and projects as required by the business to support key decisions
- Act as backup for the Divisional Finance Directors during their absence
- Act as backup for the FP&A team members during their absence
- European center of excellence with regards to all systems used for FP&A owned reporting processes (HFM - Helios, Hyperion Planning – Apollo, FDMEE)
- Manage changes in HFM - Helios, Hyperion Planning – Apollo, FDMEE
- Work on ad-hoc analysis and special projects as requested
- Degree in Finance /Business related subjects
- Fluent spoken and written English. Any other European language is a plus
- An accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CPA, CIMA or ACCA) is preferred
- COGNOS, Power BI, Danube, Oracle systems, and HFM knowledge is a big plus
- Excel strong skills
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.