Group Internal Auditor
New Position - Group Auditor for an international company. Helping to set up the Internal Audit department.
About the job
The candidate will be reporting straight to the newly appointed Internal Audit Director. He/ she will be responsible for completing internal audit activities consistent with the standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors. This includes all phases of the audit process. The Global Group Internal Auditor will not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintain the highest ethical standards and due professional care in their work. Audit engagements and projects will be executed globally.
Tasks & reponsibilities:
- Identify business objectives, risks and evaluate key controls.
- Assist in the design and execution of operational audits to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment, compliance with Company policies and procedures, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Develop preliminary findings and realistic recommendations to improve / enhance the internal control environment.
- Work with management to develop acceptable solutions to address issues or gaps identified and follow-up with management to ensure remediation is implemented.
- Prepare accurate, logical and detailed workpapers clearly describing the work perfomed, test results and conclusions reached.
- Leverage insights and understanding of the Company in identifying risks and potential areas for audit.
- Maintain an awareness of audit trends and “best practices”.
- Perform other internal audit related duties as assigned.
- Interact with Company management and key personnel to build / maintain ongoing business relationships by utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Educational level BSc/ MSc.
- Minimum 3 year experience within a top-tier accounting firm (i.e Big 4), with exposure to financial audit, operational audit or advisory projects.
- Fluent in English.
- An adaptable person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Qualified CPA / ACCA / CIA / CFE is a plus.
- Proficiency with data analysis techniques. Use of IDEA or other tools is a plus.
- Last but not least, you are willing to travel global up to 30-40% of your time.
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.