Head of Internal Control Europe
|Experience||+ 10 yrs / SOX|
As the Head of Internal Control - Europe, you will lead policy implementation and partner with cross functional teams to design, develop and test against established SOX compliance controls. In this role, you will leverage strategic thinking, while driving tactical efforts to keep the company compliant and safe. This is an opportunity to have visible impact on the organization, so it will require a high degree of integrity, strong ability to maintain confidentiality and excellent partnering skills. The candidate must be a leader, have strong experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO framework, PCAOB requirements, internal audit, be detail oriented, have strong technical and communication skills, and be hands-on. The position requires management capabilities to communicate with and educate finance and non-finance personnel on internal controls, financial policies, and reporting requirements.
Reporting directly to our Group Head of Internal Control you will have the opportunity to own and drive this critical and highly visible SOX initial implementation and compliance process, building the foundation to scale and improve the quality of the internal controls over our Company’s financial reporting. You'll also have the opportunity to work closely with our Finance team, as well as cross-functionally with leadership on our Operations, Marketing, and Product teams. Your work will help enable quality reporting and accounting operations that support the growth of our business.
The Main Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the design, development and testing of the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), including guiding efforts to create a common control framework and uniform compliance reporting standards
- Drive the documentation, assessment, testing and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting, including tracking control gaps and action plans to remediate weaknesses
- Provide program management support across the entire company related to the design of effective and efficient controls over financial reporting.
- Partner with internal and external audit teams to ensure timely and efficient testing approach and issue resolution.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management regarding control performance and findings.
- Partner with control owners on root cause analysis and action plan progress; perform impact analysis at year-end on deficiencies identified
- Drive change management activities, training, and communication plans to institutionalise strong internal controls.
- Partner with IT to implement and monitor comprehensive plans for SOX oversight of relevant IT systems, to provide reasonable assurance around related control implications.
- Develop and provide routine training to the control owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX program, control design, and the impact of their control(s) on the Group’s financial statements
What We Look For in a Candidate:
- 10+ Years of Experience
- 5 years of audit or internal controls related experience or similar professional experience
- Strong understanding, expertise and experience in PCAOB standards, SOX and COSO Framework and ideally US GAAP
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing internal audit projects, conducting risk assessments, operational auditing and executing Internal Control audits
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment; demonstrates sense of urgency and should be results driven
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to foster customer service disposition and sense of professionalism for self and team
- Strong project management skills and able to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
- Qualified Accountant required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org