Internal Audit Manager
|Salary||€70-75K+bonus 15%+other renumerations|
Aon plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance. Due to internal movements a new vacancy has arisen as Internal Audit Manager.
The Audit Project Manager is primarily responsible for leading and/or participating in audit projects of Aon business units to evaluate the adequacy of the business unit’s overall control environment in both design and application. The Audit Project Manager is also responsible for leading and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance activities. While primarily based in the Netherlands, the Audit Project Manager will be required to complete audit projects performed in any of Aon’s locations.
- Leading and/or participating in audits throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and the UK evaluating the adequacy of controls for Aon business units and/or key business processes, including:
- Assisting the Senior Audit Manager in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit test procedures
- Communicating audit findings noted from the review to the Senior Audit Manager.
- Providing a first level review and approval of work paper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed.
- Making, or assisting in making oral and written presentations to management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs.
- Preparing the initial draft of the audit report for the Senior Audit Manager’s review, ensuring audit comments are clear, concise and focused on the root cause of the issue.
- Providing the necessary supervision to assigned audit staff.
As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location.
The Audit Project Manager reports to the Senior Audit Manager and the Audit Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or comparable business degree. Professional designations/certifications, such as Register Accountant/Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, ACCA, etc., are preferred.
- Experience in successfully leading audit project teams and coaching other audit colleagues.
- In possession of an EU Passport or Work permit
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, additional language (preferably French, German, Italian or Spanish) is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and build relationships with colleagues and all levels of management within the company.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of (internal) auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices. Familiar with Agile Auditing is a plus.
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to Aon Plc’s Audit Committee. The global department has approximately 70 team members located in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Krakow and Buenos Aires. The department’s primary mission is to evaluate the adequacy of Aon’s internal control environment and to assess compliance with corporate policy and designated laws and regulations in the EMEA region (50 countries). The team in Amsterdam consists of about 12 people with different kinds of nationalities and backgrounds.
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.