Internal Control Officer (Sox)
Our FMCG client is going to get a listing on the US stock exchange. Therefore we are in need to find Accountants/Controller with SOX experience to implement SOX in all their European companies.
SOX / ICFR (Internal Controls over Financial Reporting)
The role will be responsible for specific aspects of the Group’s Sarbanes Oxley implementation
The Accountant will prepare documentation end to end of key business processes and entity level controls for management’s assessment of SOX 404. This role will be responsible for meeting with control owners to gain an understanding of and request evidence for control operation. The individual will gather and evaluate populations for completeness and will create workpapers to document testing performed and conclusions reached. This role will require organized and concise preparation of workpapers in accordance with team methodologies providing assurance the work performed supports the conclusions drawn. This role will be responsible for coordinating and communicating with the external audit team, the Internal SOX team, and business leadership.
As part of the global team, you will have the unique opportunity to understand different business process areas across a global company. You will engage with varying layers of leadership to evaluate day-to-day operations and financials and translate risks to big picture issues that directly impact the business and customers. You will directly be involved in the SOX 404 program to evaluate and test controls to help ensure the group can effectively meet its financial objectives.
The Main Responsibilities:
- Communicate with business process owners and assist in the documentation of risks, controls, and processes
- Prepare internal control procedures and document findings and conclusions in test workpapers
- Communicate with SOX Compliance management regarding testing status, testing issues, and deadlines. Follow up with control owners to ensure that agreed-upon action plans have been implemented
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the business areas, including understanding changes to business processes and procedures and potential impacts to the controls being tested
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improving internal controls over financial reporting. Work with process owners to assist in the design and implementation of new controls and best practices, as appropriate.
- Assist external auditors as required and at the direction of the SOX managers
What We Look For in a Candidate:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in internal audit, risk consulting, or external audit. Experience with SOX 404 compliance preferred.
- Large company experience preferred.
- Qualified accountant
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, problem solve, and prioritize, as well as demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to successfully meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org