Internal IT Auditor
For an international FS organisation in area The Hague, an interesting opportunity as Internal IT Auditor has become vacant. We are very interested in candidates with RE or CISA qualification.
As IT Auditor you are capable of conducting complex IT audits (technical and non-technical) scheduled globally. He or she completes audits on time, to global IIA quality standards and in accordance with internal and regulatory standards. This includes providing quality risks and control recommendations and challenging the business. He or she is accountable for the completion of planning, execution and reporting audit activities.
In addition the IT Auditor supports in managing ongoing audit relationships with internal and external stakeholders. It also includes liaising with other external audit and risk management professionals and consultants to stay current with IT technology and best practices; this is in order to ensure being able to adequately challenge IT management and processes.
As IT Auditor you support and contribute to the development of standards and practices.
Other responsibilities are:
- Contributing to the preparation of an objective risk based assessment and effective audit approach, evaluating the adequacy of controls, developing creative and practical recommendations that add value.
- Preparing clear, concise and insightful work papers and reports (in business English.
- Obtain sufficient information regarding an IT operation's procedures, identify weaknesses and test for procedural compliance, and recommend changes in IT procedures.
- Identify and evaluate the risks / impacts associated with identified audit issues.
- Prepares status reports for the IT Audit Manager and key governance committees (in business English).
- Assists the IT Audit Manager with development of the annual IT risk assessment and annual Audit Plan.
- Collaborates with Operational Auditors in order to enable integrated audits. Serves as a technical advisor to financial / operational audits on IT aspects of functions and business activities under review.
- IT Audit or equivalent IT business experience.
- Proven experience working in an IT audit capacity.
- Maintains strong interpersonal skills which allows interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven experience advising and supporting senior business management and executives.
- Knowledge and experience of IT, particularly digital and distributed computing technologies, IT security, system development, computer operations, business continuity management & disaster recovery, application software, telecommunications, and IT risk assessment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Registered EDP Auditor (RE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or related certifications.
- Big 4 audit experience preferably in the Financial Services industry.
- Degree educated preferably in Management Information Systems or similar computing science / business degree or Accounting / Finance / Business degree with computing experience.
- Office based.
- Some demand to juggle shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Some extended hours and travel (20% - 25%).
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org