Manager Accounting & Reporting
Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 36 shipyards in 18 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 12,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 2 billion euros and delivering 143 ships in 2020.
The Financial Shared Service Center (FSSC) department consists of approximately30 people and is responsible for the financial administration and reporting for affiliated entities within the Damen group. In addition to preparing the financial statements, the department provides various periodic financial reports regardingprojects, results, balance sheet and cash flow for the internal organization. The department is responsible for setting up and maintaining the internal control framework. The FSSC also takes care of credit management, cash management and various declarations for external stakeholders.
Due to internal promotion we are looking for a replacement. The Manager Accounting & Reporting directs a team of 3 General Ledgers Administrators and 5 Financial/Project Controllers. The new manager will be challenged to develop this position and this team from an operating supporting role to a fully valued financial business partner role for the affiliated divisions.
As Manager Accounting and Reporting you will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing the team Financial Accounting & Reporting for FSSC;
- Implementing the strategy from operational supporting to business partner;
- Providing input and advise based on analyses to management and divisions;
- Assure that accounting guidelines are interpreted and implemented in an uniform way;
- Managing the monthly- and annual closure processes;
- Monitor and analyze financial data and give advice to Financial Managers/Directors of Damen Entities;
- Developing and maintaining Accounting Policies and Manuals for the Shared Service Center Finance;
- Continuously improving the quality of information produced for the divisions;
- Managing and coordinating annual external audit process;
- Preparing the annual financial statements of the affiliated entities;
- Participating in audits and conduct reviews for further improvement;
- Managing relations with tax department and external auditors;
- Adequate implementation of the SAP project and several other projects.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To successfully fulfil this position as Manager Accounting & Reporting you bring the following skills & competences:
- In depth knowledge of financial and business administration on masters level;
- Experience and knowledge about internal control framework, laws and regulations, tax, and insurance;
- The ability to motivate and challenge. It would be an advantage if you do have experience as a people manager with several years of leading a team;
- Developing people and skills are important topics for you;
- You have working knowledge of financial managements of projects;
- Experience with (implementation of) SAP is a pre;
- You have a sharp analytical and conceptual mind and can easily switch betweendetails and the broader scope;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English both verbally and in writing.
WHAT THEY OFFER
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Profit sharing & pension allowance;
- Continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- An active social environment such as events and sports;
- A working from home policy.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to email@example.com