Manager Internal Auditor
Leaseplan Corporate is looking for a Senior or Manager Internal Audit (depending on experience). The Auditor will be part of a team of 10 professionals, international travel is maximised to 40%.
The Group Audit department characterizes itself through an open and informal atmosphere with a focus on in-house knowledge. Both within the department and to its internal customers relation management plays an important role. Within Group Audit, the goal is to continuously maintain a high level of service quality and where possible to further optimize this service quality.
Because of increasing regulatory requirements and impact of developments in corporate governance the company decided to further invest in the internal audit team. The candidate is expected to become a leading individual in the team, by bringing relevant experience to a state of the art internal audit department.
A Manager Internal Audit will perform, governance, financial, operational and compliance audits as part of the audit team. GAD Auditors will be internally trained on LeasePlan specific areas to be well prepared to participate in audits in group companies, group service organisations and corporate departments.
In the LPCorp GAD model auditors will be focussed on ie:
- Finance & Reporting;
- Human Resource Management;
- Basel 2;
- Car Remarketing;
- Product & Contract Management;
- Asset Risk Management;
- Insurance Management;
- Procurement & Supplier Management;
Given the international character of this position GAD auditors will spend up to 40% of their time abroad. This means a GAD auditors will work with different cultures and should have a flexible attitude. Furthermore, during audits GAD auditor will communicate with LeasePlan employees on both (senior) management and operational levels and therefore should possess strong communication and socials skills.
Within Group Audit, the goal is to continuously maintain a high level of service quality and where possible to further optimise this service quality. As a result, GAD auditors are expected to be innovative with high emphasis on quality and contribute to continuous improvement of the working methods. GAD is also available for providing advice to policy owners in case of new or revised Group policies.
- Manage during audit assignments. The responsibilities of a Manager In Charge includes:
- Prepare the audit planning / risk assessment of the assignments;
- The MIC of an audit assignment is responsible for monitoring the quality of the work performed by the team and communication with the Managing Director regarding the progress of the audit;
- Presenting and discussing the audit findings with the Management Team during the closing meeting;
- Review reporting of team members and finalising the draft audit report;
- Perform performance evaluation meetings with team members;
- Process (and if necessary discuss) management comments provided by the auditees and finalising the final audit report.
- Perform governance, financial, operational and compliance audits as part of an audit team and ensuring these audits are carried out in accordance with Group requirements, policies and other legal requirements. A Manager Internal Audit should be able to independently perform the various audit areas. Performing audits include the following responsibilities:
- Pre-discuss audits as well as following-up with stakeholders within LPCorp;
- Based on discussions during interviews and substantive testing a GAD auditor should be able to identify internal control deficiencies, operational risks, compliance issues with Group policies or local laws/regulation and related risks;
- Facilitate training-on-the-job of less experienced team members;
- Present and discuss the audit findings with the entity during a wrap-up meeting;
- Writing and critically reviewing audit reports in Business English after an audit;
- Documentation and filing of audit evidence after an audit;
- Perform quality activities in between audits;
- For instance, updating working programmes for different audit areas.
The candidate will be internally trained to perform audits in group companies and group service organisations in the various areas within the LPCorp integrated audit approach.
Within our department people mainly work as generalists, although for different audit areas so-called super-users have been appointed. The candidate will get super-user responsibilities in specific areas such as for instance Basel 2, Solvency 2 and Motor Insurance. In these areas the candidate is expected to quickly become the expert within our department. To be able to do so, a sufficient level of experience and seniority is required. Knowledge and experience in the areas mentioned is considered an advantage.
A well functioning audit manager successfully manages international multi-disciplinary audit assignments, both with the rest of the team as well as towards internal clients (group companies).
The candidate together with other audit colleagues will contribute towards an innovative, qualitative and service oriented working environment. In that framework the candidate will be involved in projects, in order to raise the audit quality and the impact of the group.
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- Ideally experienced in working as an Internal auditor;
- Finalised Master degree, in preferably audit;
- A finalised post-master audit qualification (RA/RE/RO).
- Fluent in oral and written English and (any) other major European language(s) is an advantage;
- Strong communicative, social and leadership skills;
- Lead by example.
- Clear understanding of the core leasing processes;
- Capable to identify operational risk in these processes;
- An Audit Manager is expected to develop into a specialist in a specific area in order to become the driving force for innovation for that specific area:
- For example: Insurance, Banking, ICT, Asset Risk, audit techniques, etc.
- Excellent analytical capacities;
- Professional critical mind-set;
- Result oriented and able to work with deadlines;
- Robust negotiation and conflict management capability;
- Reliable and high level of integrity;
- Able to deal with confidential information;
- Able to form an independent opinion;
- Serves all equally.
- Curious and inquisitive;
- Eager to learn.
- Aware of and able to deal with cultural differences;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a team environment;
- Team player, who puts the team's goals above his own;
- Accepts that others have different team roles and contribute in different ways.
- Builds and maintains co-operative relationships with other teams and groups;
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Flexible work attitude in support of delivering objectives;
- Flexible working hours;
- Willing to travel.
- Ability to inspire innovative performance of colleagues;
- Ability to work in an evolving world where change management is required;
- Feels responsible for innovation and proactively suggests opportunities for improvement;
- Strong computer skills;
- Able to work in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to work in line with the LeasePlan values: Commitment, Expertise, Respect and Passion.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to email@example.com