Manager Internal IT Audit
The Company is currently recruiting for a high-potential Manager Internal IT Audit to strengthen the Internal Audit department in the Netherlands. The position is a stepping stone to more senior (IT) roles in the Netherlands, HQ or in one of the other foreign operating markets and factories.
Purpose of the role as Lead Internal Audit IT Manager is to:
- Execute IT / Operational audit assignments including assessment of policies & procedures, IT processes, infrastructure, applications and projects
- Perform the testing of IT General Computer Controls in line with controls over financial reporting (SOX)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the activities of the Internal Audit department, within the framework established by the Internal Audit Vice President
- This role requires extensive travel within the Group of companies worldwide.
Position in the organisation:
The Internal Audit department (IAD) is part of the corporate function and reports directly to the Chairman of the Holding Board. This role will offer wide exposure across the Group. In the context of increasing external regulation and supervisor scrutiny, the successful candidate will work closely with senior and line management to develop and execute audit/testing plans that meet external and internal control framework requirements.
The Company supports talent development through training programs, geared at aligning the employee’s career aspirations and skills with the Company’s strategy and needs. The Company culture can be defined as international, challenging, dynamic and informal.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of the audit scope which sets out the objectives and topics of the audit assignment. Assist the Director Internal Audit:
- Gather and review background information on the topic to be reviewed
- Identify key risks and challenges
- Derive audit objectives and scope from the assessment of key risks and challenges
- Draft the Internal Audit scoping document
- Execute audit assignment tasks under the supervision and guidance of Director Internal Audit, ensuring that they are completed within the allotted timeframe:
- Gather, analyse and interpret business and IT data and information
- Organise meetings and conduct interviews with auditees
- Perform testing of IT controls
- Identify draft audit findings and recommendations for discussion
- Complete working papers and documentation to Internal Audit quality standards
- Draft audit findings and recommendations in clear and concise written English. Draft other sections of the audit assignment report.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the activities of the Internal Audit department:
- Identify and make suggestions for enhancing audit processes and programmes and / or the effectiveness and efficiency of the Internal Audit function
- Participate in the development of specialist technical knowledge (e.g. SAP, Siebel, network security, GRC Compliance Calibrator, Computer-Aided Audit Tools)
- RE or CISA certification
- Relevant experience in IT auditing, preferably gained within a big four accounting firm or international company
- Experience with SAP ERP system, SAP security, computer aided audit tools (CAAT) and the COBIT IT controls framework or equivalent
- Ambitious and driven
- Strong multi-tasking skills, analytical ability and initiative are a must
- ”Hands-on” and pro-active mentality
- Be prepared to travel when required to conduct audit activities
- Practical and pragmatic attitude
- Able to communicate effectively at various levels across the organization
- Excellent people management skills
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.