Senior Accountant EMEA
This role is an integral part of Digital Realty’s EMEA finance team and will play a pivotal part in achieving the EMEA team finance objectives and deliverables on a monthly basis. The primary responsibility of the position is to manage a portfolio of property & management company ledgers and legal entities across Europe for monthly group reporting under US GAAP, leading local statutory reporting, including audits and local compliance requirements.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly & annual group reporting under US GAAP and local GAAP for a portfolio of entities & property set of books
- Ownership of various finance functional areas for a number of properties which feed into the set of books, including Fixed Assets, Inter company, AR, Bank & Cash, AP, VAT, etc.
- Work in a team of accountants & assistant accountants with responsibilities across other functional areas, such as Construction Accounting, Treasury, Tax, SOX, etc.
- Review & process all transactions for your ledgers. Prepare & review all balance sheet accounts as part of month end close controls, including pro-active follow-up to remove reconciling items
- Take responsibility & ownership for local statutory audits for a number of entities across Europe
- Be a trusted colleague to internal teams such as asset management, sales, FP&A and site operations; as well as manage third-party service providers supporting local compliance & tax filings
- Develop a deep understanding of Digital’s business to be able to input into standardisation of processes across the P2P, O2C and R2R functions, working with colleagues in Europe, Asia and the US.
- Important contribution in the accounting and internal control systems, and be proactive in leading improvements focused on finance operational excellence
- Embrace opportunities to be involved in integration and other finance projects
- Actively seek out ad-hoc & non-routine tasks / projects to dynamically progress your career at Digital Realty
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor/Master degree
- Experience of IFRS, UK/Irish GAAP & US GAAP
- Strong systems knowledge and intermediate/advanced Excel skills are required
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within limited time constraints
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org