Are you looking for a second step in your audit career and do you have a strong bond with the Netherlands? If so, than this vacancy can be interesting for you.
The Senior Auditor is primarily responsible for leading and/or participating in audit projects of Aon business units to evaluate the adequacy of the business unit's overall control environment in both design and application. The Senior Auditor is also responsible for leading and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects and Sarbanes-Oxley 302 and 404 compliance activities. While primarily based in the Netherlands, the Senior Auditor will be required to complete audit projects performed in any of Aon's locations.
Some tasks & responsibilies:
- Leading and/or participating in audits throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and the UK evaluating the adequacy of controls for Aon business units and/or key business processes, including:
- Assisting the Senior Audit Manager in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated,
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit test procedures,
- Making, or assisting in making oral and written presentations to management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs.
- Providing the necessary supervision to assigned audit staff.
- As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location.
- The Senior Auditor reports to the Senior Audit Manager and the Audit Director.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Accounting or Finance or comparable business degree.
- In possession of or studying for professional designations/certifications, such as Register Accountant/Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, ACCA, etc., are preferred.
- Around 3 to 6 years of relevant audit experience within a large multi-national, financial services or Big 4 audit firm.
- In possession of an EU Passport or Work permit.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills and an additional language preferably French, German, Italian or Spanish is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and build relationships with colleagues and all levels of management within the company.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of (internal) auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Overall proficiency with personal computers, including experience using Microsoft software.
Aon offers a varied job in which you can show your entrepreneurship in an organization that is moving and active on an international basis. We work in small teams and emphasize the importance of knowledge sharing with colleagues. There is plenty of room for personal initiative, study and personal development and we have several talent development programs to accomplish your professional growth. Furthermore we offer a competitive benefit package, including a fixed 13th month and a bonus scheme. The final grading is dependable of your education, knowledge and experience.
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to Aon Plc's Audit Committee. The global department has approximately 70 team members located in Chicago, London, Amsterdam and Hong Kong. The department's primary mission is to evaluate the adequacy of Aon's internal control environment and to assess compliance with corporate policy and designated laws and regulations in the EMEA region (50 countries). The global team in Amsterdam consists of about 13 people with all kinds of nationalities and everybody is ambitious and willing to work together.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org