Senior Internal Auditor
|Branche||US Multi National|
As a Senior Auditor, you will be responsible for planning , organizing, conducting and formally reporting on audits, which you will lead under the supervision of the Senior Manager. You will manage on each assignment a team of on average 1 to 3 auditors. Your objectives will be to ensure that audit work meets the objectives defined for the department and complies to the Standards of Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- perform risk assessments of the areas under review
- direct independent operational or financial audits in order to appraise:
- Reliability and integrity of financial and operating information
- Assess compliance with policies, plans, standards, laws and regulations which could have a significant impact upon operations
- Effectiveness in accomplishment of objectives and goals established for the company and projects
- Assess policies taken to safeguard assets, including tests of existence and ownership as appropriate
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency in the use of resources
- conduct compliance audits of third-parties for compliance with contractual agreements.
- Support due diligence investigations and special (fraud) audits.
- Initiate, manage and supervise the work of fellow auditors, including outsourced audits
Audits can be performed at all European Subsidiaries. Travel is required on a regular basis (approx. 50 % of the time on an annual basis).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- degree in accounting or other qualified discipline.
- Have achieved or working towards certification by examination, such as CPA, RA, RO or CIA
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience within an Internal Audit / External Audit or Business Controlling team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent English and good command of German. Knowledge of additional languages as Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian or Dutch are welcome
- Hands-on knowledge on how to work with data mining tools such as ACL
- Leadership and/or project management experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Well-organized and able to work on multiple tasks
- Flexible attitude
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.