Senior Internal Auditor
We are seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join our expanding international Internal Audit team at this very exciting time. The company recently got listed with a total revenue of $10B.
You will become a key member of a global team reporting to Internal Audit Head of EMEA and working with colleagues in the US and around the globe. This specific opportunity will reside in Rotterdam.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for managing and conducting internal audit tasks across the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region.
The senior will engage with varying layers of leadership to evaluate day-to-day operations and financials and translate risks to big picture issues that directly impact the business and its customers.
Significant travel during the typical working week will be required across continental Europe and the UK, with periodic visits to other areas of the EMEA region (e.g. South Africa). All candidates must demonstrate a legal entitlement to work in Europe and travel throughout Europe.
- Complete risk-based audit work with some coaching and limited supervision.
- Lead and perform multiple tasks on assurance and advisory engagements from planning through fieldwork and reporting in conformance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Communicate internal audit potential findings in a timely and collaborative manner with process owners to develop creative and practical recommendations to remediate control deficiencies focused on root cause.
- Participate in fraud scheme discussions for the audit scope.
- Draft audit programmes based upon understanding the business and the key risks with some coaching and supervision
- Assess the company’s approach to governance, risk, and controls during an audit project
- Participate in the development or new internal audit processes and ongoing process improvement.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business.
- Inspire risk awareness throughout the organisation.
- Coordinate with other assurance providers (second line of defence) as directed by the Head of EMEA or the VP of Internal Audit
Key experience and skills:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional internal audit experience leading and performing multiple tasks.
- Highly organised and confident in relation to working across varying locations on a frequent basis.
- Applied knowledge of the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.