Senior Internal Auditor
We are looking for a new colleague for the Internal Audit department of Leaseplan Corporate, who can fill the position of Senior Auditor for Risk Management & Compliance. If you like taking ownership and working in a dynamic, international, and diverse environment this is the right opportunity for you.
What will you do?
Group Audit is responsible for the global audit coverage of LeasePlan across 25 countries. As Senior Auditor for Risk Management & Compliance you will provide assurance by conducting audits and advise Management with insights gathered. We believe that conducting integrated audits (first and second line, hard and soft controls) not only creates the most added value for Management but also for you. While being a subject matter expert on auditing the second line, we will expose you to all activities of LeasePlan (leasing, operations and governance processes at head-office and entity level), creating ample personal growth opportunities.
As Senior Auditor you will:
- Assess the control environment of key processes via interviews and substantive testing to identify internal control gaps, operational risks, compliance issues with group policies or local laws/regulation.You are supported by more experienced colleagues where needed.
- Act as team member, but you could be the manager-in-charge for smaller assignments.
- Be involved in audits that cover all activities of LeasePlan, but with a focus on the Risk domains (Financial Risks (e.g. asset, credit, treasury) and Non-Financial Risks (e.g. operational, compliance, legal)).
- Communicate the outcome of your testing to local Executive Management, both verbal and in writing; and contribute to the overall audit report.
- As subject matter expert, help ensure our audit practises remain current and in-line with organisational and regulatory developments.
What skills and experience will make you successful in our team:
- Professional critical, curious, and inquisitive mind-set in order to form an independent balanced opinion; self-starter who can work independently and in a team; result oriented; and able to work with deadlines.
- University degree (at least Master’s) and close to finalisation of /Willingness to obtain professionalqualification (RA, RO, CPA, CIA).
- Knowledge of Basel banking requirements and/or risk management practises across multiple risk domains (e.g., asset; credit, treasury, operational, financial).
- At least 4-5 years of relevant working experience, preferably within a financial institution that is subject to regulatory supervision (preferably ECB or DNB).
- As LeasePlan operates in 25 countries you should have style flexibility to deal with local cultural differences, and create the necessary Management buy-in.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Given the international footprint, of LeasePlan, you are able to go on business trips of 1 to 2 weeks. (~25% on annual basis).
- Given you will get access to confidential information, you are reliable and have a high level of integrity.
Who is Leaseplan?
At LeasePlan our mission is to deliver any car, anytime, anywhere. Every day presents an opportunity to meeting our customers’ needs and to help shape the future of mobility. LeasePlan is a global leader in Car-as-a-Service, with approximately 1.6 million vehicles under management in 25 countries. Discover more about LeasePlan’s culture and way of working by following us on Instagram and stay up to date with the latest industry news by subscribing to our LeasePlan Community. Since 22 May 2023, LeasePlan and ALD Automotive have joined forces. The combined group will leverage on scale and complementary capabilities to deliver sustained growth with a focus on net zero emissions and digital transformation of the industry. Société Générale is the long-term majority shareholder, with 53% of the capital one of Europe’s leading financial services groups, with ~25 million clients and more than 110 thousand employees.
Did you know that LeasePlan has a banking license and is qualified as a Significant Institution and as such falls under the supervision of the European Central Bank (ECB)? In line with ECB expectations Group Audit plays an important role as third line in the (risk) governance of LeasePlan. As a third line we provide independent assurance, advice and insights to the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board, its regulators and external auditor. The Amsterdam based Group Audit team has approx. 30 audit professionals, is a diverse mixture of talented people
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Mark Tewes via phonenumber 020 - 679 4119. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org