Senior Internal Auditor
An international listed FS company in Amsterdam is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor for their EMEA Internal Audit HQ.
- Perform Operational, Compliance and Forensic and Financial type of audits;
- Leading and/or participating in audits evaluating the adequacy of controls for the business units and/or key business processes;
- Assisting the Audit Manager in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated;
- Assist and advise local country management on risks on out- and off-shoring projects and effectiveness of general business controls;
- Providing the necessary supervision to assigned audit staff.
- Qualified professional or near to qualification (e.g. RA, RO, CIA, CPA, or equivalent from your country). Must be financial literate (be able to translate audit findings to financial impacts for the business P&L and/or balance sheet);
- minimum of 5 years experience in audit, preferably in the Big Four or the financial services industry (banking, insurance);
- Ability to manage projects, audit teams and to coach junior staff on assignments;
- Communicator, able to communicate on various levels;
- No nonsense person, team player, pragmatic but professional approach. Good sense of humour;
- Service minded (willing to go the extra mile for the Team and (local) management);
- Sensitive to the diversity of cultures;
- Fluent in English and at least one other language of the European Continent;
- Ambition to consider growing to Audit Manager in due course within a couple of years;
- Willing and able to travel (at around 50%) within the EMEA region. Some travelling may take place to the USA/South America and Asia Pacific on Global assignments.
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.