Senior Manager Internal Audit
|Experience||minimum of 10 yrs|
One of our fast growing international clients is looking for a Senior Manager Internal Audit. Travel percentage >50% international.
- To provide independent objective assurance and consulting services in order to add value and improve the organization’s operations.
- To assist in accomplishing its objectives using a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Key Facts and Figures:
- Direct reports: Five or more (Senior) Auditors and/or Managers
- Indirect reports: Outsourced audit work
- No budget or P&L responsibility
- Time Budget responsibility for direct reports
- Decision making: managing day-to-day operations of assigned audits and projects, managing relations with audit clients.
- Participate in the design of the annual audit plan and scheduling of internal audits.
- Responsible for risk analysis for audits and audit series.
- Responsible for project management:
- Quality control audit programmes for audits and audit series, ensuring appropriate application of methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Oversee the quality of independently performed internal audits in countries.
- Provide management with an independent assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the set up as well as functioning of internal controls.
- Ensure gap identification in internal controls and processes.
- Agree findings with local management and manage their expectations.
- Run special projects, due diligence, agreed upon procedures, assist management in new countries with setting up the internal controls.
- Professional staff:
- Perform annual reviews with direct reports.
- Coach auditors on secondments.
- Manage direct reports: provide guidance, supervise and coach.
- Review for each audit the dossier, work plan and findings.
- Responsible for the preparation of the audit report.
- Budget responsibility for team hours worked on audit.
- Member of the Internal Audit Dept. management team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Professional qualification such as Certified Internal Auditor, CPA, RA, ACCA or equivalent
- University degree preferably in accounting or business
- Extensive finance knowledge
- Knowledge of “Sarbanes-Oxley Act” and SEC requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and another language in the Liberty Global/UPC footprint countries
- Being able to coach and motivate employees
- Experience in risk identification and risk management (>10 years)
- Experience in internal audit or quality management role (>10 years)
- Experience in managing teams (>10 years)
- Experience in cable/telecoms preferred
- Over 15 years relevant working experience
Please be aware that this vacancy has recently been filled. For similar positions, please contact Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. We are happy to help you.