Group Audit - LeasePlan Corporation Amsterdam
We are looking for a new colleague who can fill the position of Audit Manager in the finance, leasing and insurance domain. If you like taking ownership and working in a dynamic, international, and diverse environment this is the right opportunity for you.
About the team and the challenge
At LeasePlan our mission is to deliver any car, anytime, anywhere. Every day presents an opportunity to meeting our customers’ needs and to help shape the future of mobility. LeasePlan is a global leader in Car-as-a-Service, with approximately 1.6 million vehicles under management in 25countries. Discover more about LeasePlan’s culture and way of working by following us on Instagram and stay up to date with the latest industry news by subscribing to our LeasePlan Community. Since 22 May 2023, LeasePlan and ALD Automotive have joined forces. The combined Ayvens Group will leverage on scale and complementary capabilities to deliver sustained growth with a focus on net zero emissions and digital transformation of the industry. Société Générale is the long-term majority shareholder, with 53% of the sharesone of Europe’s leading financial services groups, with ~25 million clients and more than 110 thousand employees. Group Audit is working closely together with auditors from Société Générale, mostly located in Paris, to ensure a proper audit coverage for Ayvens Group in total. This includes joint audits and designing together the future audit strategy and methodology for Ayvens.
LeasePlan has a banking license and is qualified as a Significant Institution and as such falls under the supervision of the European Central Bank (ECB). In line with ECB expectations Group Audit plays an important role as third line in the (financial) governance of LeasePlan. As a third line we provide independent assurance, advice and insights to the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board, its regulators and external auditor. The Amsterdam based Group Audit team has approx. 30 audit professionals, is a diverse mixture of talented people and is responsible for the audit coverage of the entire LeasePlan Group. This means that you, whilst based in our Amsterdam Corporate office, will from time to time need to travel to do assignments internationally.
About the role and what we are looking for:
An Audit Manager who has experience in the automotive business and / or is proficient in financial audit and has the seniority to advise the business and second line. Taking ownership is your second nature, you are a self-starter and like to work with people. As Audit Manager you will provide assurance by conducting audits and advise Management with insights gathered. We believe that conducting integrated audits (first and second line, hard and soft controls) not only creates the most added value for Management but also for you. While being a subject matter expert on auditing the finance domain, you will be exposed to all activities of LeasePlan (leasing, operations and governance processes at head-office and entity level), creating ample personal growth opportunities.
As Audit Manager you will:
- Lead audits end-to-end, including stakeholder management and supervising an audit team. At other times, you will act as the subject matter expert, who focuses on one specific component of the audit and is hands-on involved.
- Train and mentor less experienced team members during the audit.
- Assess the control environment of key processes via interviews and (substantive) testing to identify internal control gaps, operational risks compared to Group policies or local laws/regulation.
- Translate identified control gaps into SMART recommendations for improvements.
- Create Management buy-in to address the high-risk findings and recommendations.
- Based on close cooperation with the Business and Finance teams you update the audit work-programmes and challenge and discuss policieswith the policy owner. As subject matter expert, you assess the implemented resolution of audit findings.
Soft and hard skills to be successful in our team:
- The standard audit skills – professional, critical, curiousand inquisitive mind-set in order to form an independent balanced opinion. Self-starter who can work independently and in a team. Result-oriented and able to work with deadlines.
- You have the ability to evaluate across highly diversified end-to-end processes control gaps in combination with well-functioning controls and determine based on professional judgement if the overall existing control level is sufficient or not. You are able to see through complexity, perform a thorough analysis and to deliver a clear message tailored to your audience.
- You are able to quickly establish a positive working relationship with all levels in the organisation to enable in-depth assessment of controls in processes, often involving several departments, local executive management, middle management and operational employees.
- You notice responses and adapt your communication style to suit the situation. Given the international footprint of LeasePlan you should have style flexibility to deal with local cultural differences, and create the necessary Management buy-in. In addition, you manage the audit team to make sure communication is constructive, but clear, especially in case of serious findings.
- You have a professional critical but positive mindset and, while having an eye for detail, you are able tofocus on the main issues and maintain a helicopter view.
- Excellent knowledge of financial audit requirements.
- University degree (at least Master’s) and finalised or close to finalisation of professional qualification (RA or equivalent).
- At least 6 years of working experience as an external auditor and / or internal auditor for a financial institution, which is subject to regulatory supervision (preferably ECB or DNB).
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- As LeasePlan operates in 25 countries and Ayvens in 44 countries in total, you are able to go on business trips of 1 to 2 weeks. (~20% on annual basis)
Indien u interesse heeft in deze vacature, kunt u contact opnemen met Mark Tewes via telefoonnummer 020 - 679 4119. U kunt uw reactie ook sturen naar email@example.com