GL VAT Accountant
UPC is as part of Liberty Global the leading international cable operator offering advanced video, telephone, and broadband internet services. They operate broadband communications networks in 14 countries principally located in Europe operating under the several brands. Liberty Global’s operations also include significant media and programming businesses such as Chellomedia, a world class multimedia content provider based in Europe, as well as interests in content businesses in each of their regional markets.
To work alongside the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure transactions are recorded accurately and closing schedules are met. Preparation of the monthly/quarterly VAT returns for the Corporate companies for all European filings
- Reconciliation and analysis of various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Preparation of journal entries along with proper documentation and support.
- Ad hoc accounting projects as required.
- Preparation on monthly/quarterly VAT returns.NL
- Preparation on monthly/quarterly VAT returns abroad
- Preparation of governmental statistical returns (e.g. CBS).
Month End Processing
- Support monthly closing activities to ensure closing schedules are adhered to
- Preparation of reports and financial analysis
- Review of selected corporate general ledgers
- Ad hoc closing projects as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience (with 2-3 years public accounting)
- In-depth knowledge of (international) VAT regulations and requirements
- Working knowledge of US GAAP as well as specific financial requirements by host country
- Thorough knowledge of internal control requirements, processes and procedures
- Fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the corporation
- Ability to work independently, analyze problems and make decisions with minimal management involvement
- Excellent excel skills
- VAT Returns are timely and accurate
- Reconciliations are timely and accurate
- Seeks involvement in cross functional projects
- Drives projects forward
- Competent and confident within role
- Proactively seeks ways to improve systems and processes
Let op deze vacature is recent vervuld. Voor soortgelijke posities kunt u contact opnemen met Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. Wij helpen je graag verder.