Internal Control Manager
In your role as Internal Control Manager you will report to the Director Internal Control and be primarily responsible for running the comprehensive program of internal control with the goal to enhance the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance – while adding value to and improving finance operations. You will drive continuous efficiency and effectiveness process improvements in the group’s financial reporting processes, maintain and operate the SOx and internal control program and coordinate activities with our external service provider and external auditor. Besides that, you will be responsible for increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the finance organization by developing, documenting, implementing and maintaining clear and enhanced processes and policies, based on best practice principles.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and develops internal controls, policies and procedures for internal control and governance, supports local and group management with the design and implementation of internal controls.
- Develops and implements uniform processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops detailed knowledge on the Company’s business processes and needs to be capable of translating business developments into relevant risks and controls, and needs to develop a good network within the Company to keep current on business related trends.
- Develops, rolls out and maintains manuals (such as, but not limited to, the Field Finance Handbook) to facilitate the consistent application of finance operating procedures (including finance systems and tools) and policies (SOx).
- Develops and maintains a means of increasing and sharing knowledge on best practice in finance tasks.
- Manages the implementation of best practices across the group.
- Assesses opportunities for improving processes and productivity.
- Provides written periodic reports to management on the results of internal control implementation strategy, audits and the results of the SOx program, including recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains the (SOx) Risk Control Matrices and assesses the need for additional local controls to be implemented in order to cover specific risks
- Manages the coordination/project management and reporting activities related to SOx compliance at corporate and subsidiaries’ level; such as the quarterly ICOFR assessment.
- Educated at degree level (BA in Accounting or Finance)
- Appropriate CPA level professional qualification (CA, CISA or CIA certification is a plus)
- Approximately 4-8 years of experience in an internal control/audit role, preferably with a US public company
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
Let op deze vacature is recent vervuld. Voor soortgelijke posities kunt u contact opnemen met Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. Wij helpen je graag verder.