Senior Internal Audit Manager
For this Senior Audit Manager vacancy LeasePlan is looking for a new colleague at their Amsterdam based office. The Senior Audit Manager, reporting to the Chief Audit Executive, will be responsible for stakeholder management and leading and performing operational audits, specific assignments and advisory in relation to a broad spectrum of (audit) areas across LeasePlan. The position is new and requires a self-starter who beliefs that audit’s added value is more than conducting audit assignments and writing audit reports. She/he is a person who gets energy from influencing senior management to do the right thing, who inspires others and the audit team members.
LeasePlan is an international company with over 7.500 employees and present in more than 30 countries. The Group Audit team is a diverse mixture of talented people and is responsible for the audit coverage of the entire LeasePlan Group. This means that the jobholder, whilst based primarily in our Amsterdam Corporate office, will from time to time need to travel to do assignments both nationally and internationally (due to COVID we currently do all our assignments remotely).
The Senior Audit Manager will together with the Audit Director, Senior Audit Manager Risk and Senior Audit Manager Digital & Data Analytics take care of stakeholder management engaging with LeasePlan senior management. The main area of responsibility for the Senior Audit Manager is to be defined based on the expertise and ambitions of the to be hired Senior Audit Manager and can be a combination of the following areas:
- Culture & Behaviour
- Business Excellence
The key duties and responsibilities of the Senior Audit Manager include amongst others:
- Developing and implementing Group Audit’s Strategy.
- Analysing trends and patterns in audit issues and reporting meaningful and value-added insights to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Have frequent meetings with senior management to discuss audit findings, emerging trends and understand business developments that have a control implication.
- Preparing the Quarterly Audit Report for her/his stakeholders (senior management) and contribute to the Quarterly Audit Report for the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board.
Assignment / Audit Execution
- The Senior Audit Manager is end-to-end responsible for independently conducting assignments of all risk domains (e.g. financial, insurance, asset; credit, treasury and operational risk) at all LeasePlan entities and communicating the outcome of a specific audit area to local Executive Management, both verbal and in writing. You are not only managing the assignment to be a success, you are also expected manage the audit team and to participate in performing the fieldwork.
- The Senior Auditor Manager is traveling at least 10 weeks per year to international LeasePlan entities. Next to this you will conduct assignments at LeasePlan Corporation, being supervisor of an audit team on the larger assignments.
- The Senior Auditor Manager assesses and mentors less experienced team members in assessing the control level of key processes by discussions during interviews and substantive testing. This includes identifying internal control deficiencies, operational risks, compliance issues with Group policies or local laws/regulation and related risks and discussing preliminary findings with middle and executive management.
- The Senior Audit Manager manages the audit team during the entire assignment abroad, as well as manages the process towards local management.
- As we are keen on developing our talent we provide our less experienced staff the opportunity to be Manager in Charge for an assignment. Occasionally it can therefor occur that the Senior Audit Manager is part of an assignment and a more junior staff is the Manager in Charge.
- As required, providing input into departmental initiatives e.g. enhancing audit methodology and supporting the (bi)annual risk assessment and planning process.
- Role-model for audit colleagues, provides training and contributes to the development of audit colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you have the following skills and experience:
The ideal candidate is able to work closely with internal stakeholders across countries to receive required input. She/he has the DNA to independently identify control weaknesses and constructively communicate these weaknesses to different layers of the organisation, including local executive management, both verbal and written. She/he is also able to deal with confidential information, is reliable and has a high level of integrity.
- Required level of education and technical abilities: University degree (at least Master’s) and a finalised post-master or MBA is a pre.
- Required work experience: At least 12 years of relevant working experience.
- (past) Experience in a similar role with a leading audit function.
- Willingness to obtain or in possession of the Internal Auditor certification (CIA).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
- Professional critical mind-set.
- Understands the need to have (or to obtain) business acumen.
- Courage to speak-up in a constructive manner, gets things done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively communicate and influence senior management.
- Self-motivated, strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong delivery focus, ability to perform all required functions on a timely basis and with accuracy.
- Good understanding of the end-to-end audit process, including risk-based approach.
- Reliable and high level of integrity and able to deal with confidential information.
- Curious and inquisitive and able to form an independent opinion.
- Aware of and able to deal with cultural differences.
- Collaboration, agility, result-oriented project management and decision making are examples of key behaviours reflecting the agile culture of LeasePlan.
LeasePlan is a leader in two large and growing markets: Car-as-a-Service for new cars, through its LeasePlan business, and the high-quality three-to-four year old used car market, through its CarNext.com business. LeasePlan’s Car-as-a-Service business purchases, funds and manages new vehicles for its customers, providing a complete end-to-end service for a typical contract duration of three to four years. CarNext.com is a pan-European digital marketplace for high-quality used cars seamlessly delivering any car, anytime, anywhere and is supplied with vehicles from LeasePlan’s own fleet as well as third-party partners. LeasePlan has more than 1.9 million vehicles under management in over 30 countries. With over 50 years’ experience, LeasePlan's mission is to provide what’s next in sustainable mobility so our customers can focus on what's next for them.
Indien u interesse heeft in deze vacature, kunt u contact opnemen met Mark Tewes via telefoonnummer 020 - 679 4119. U kunt uw reactie ook sturen naar firstname.lastname@example.org