Senior Internal Auditor
|Ervaring||4-7 yrs, ACCA/CPA/RA|
Internal Audit is searching for a Senior Internal Auditor to compliment the European team located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam). The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting the effective planning and execution of operational and financial audits as well as special projects and/or Stryker initiatives. In this capacity, the Senior Auditor will be expected to independently assess risks, develop audit work programs, and conduct and document procedures in accordance with professional standards. The Senior Auditor will provide supervision and coaching to audit staff and/or external resources assigned to the engagement. In addition, the Senior will be expected to demonstrate and apply technical competency with respect to US GAAP (or similar Accounting Principles), Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, COSO framework of internal controls and the IIA Professional Auditing Standards. This position provides visibility to Stryker operations, regular interaction with personnel from various disciplines/functional areas, and exposure to division and corporate management.
Internal Audit is looking for a more experienced senior with a passion for auditing and travelling. As the position will be in Amsterdam the team member will be required to travel for work and perform audits abroad (approximately 25% travel).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Function as experienced senior auditor, providing high quality, professional execution of IA engagements from beginning to end
- Assist in planning procedures, such as: determining audit scope, required resources, engagement budget and preparation of client document request list
- Work with engagement team to adhere to project deadlines and engagement budget
- Clear communication to auditees regarding audit approach, project status, findings and recommendations to ensure efficiency and strong business partnership
- Plan, perform and document testing procedures in accordance with professional audit standards and Stryker Internal Audit Policies
- Supervise and provide appropriate direction and coaching to staff and external resources regarding accounting matters, auditing methodology and evaluation of risks/controls
- Conduct audit interviews with Company personnel and management and document business processes, risks and controls within assigned areas.
- Assist with the preparation of audit reports and communication of findings to management
- Assist with tracking and monitoring of management's actions plans and remediation
- Demonstrate networking skills and the ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders within the company
- Represent the department in a way that promotes a positive image of Internal Audit at Stryker
- Contributes to IA's positive and engaging working environment
- Perform and utilize data analytics tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- CPA or other equivalent certification is preferred
- 4+ years of accounting, audit or other relevant industry experience
- Public accounting/auditing experience is preferred
- Highly proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including active listening and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to quickly understand and assess complex business processes and identify accounting/compliance issues
- Strong ability to build relationships and promote customer-focused solutions
- Strong time and project management skills
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and professionalism
- Positive attitude, desire to learn, self-motivated and effective teamplayer
- Enjoy travelling and perform work in multiple locations
- Expresses a "can do" attitude and is comfortable driving process improvements and change
Indien u interesse heeft in deze vacature, kunt u contact opnemen met Mark Tewes via telefoonnummer 020 - 679 4119. U kunt uw reactie ook sturen naar firstname.lastname@example.org