Senior IT Internal Auditor
Our client NIBC, a midsize bank with offices in The Hague, London, Frankfurt and Brussels, is searching for a Senior IT Internal Auditor. Are you working for Advisory/Consultancy and RE or CISA qualified? NIBC is offering you an interesting opportunity as IT Auditor.
NIBC - being a midsize bank but having many elements of a complex financial institute - offers you great opportunities to broaden and to share knowledge and experience of the various activities of an international bank operating in a dynamic environment. This makes working within NIBC as an IT auditor very challenging and varied.
What does the work involve?
As an experienced (senior) IT Auditor, you will engage in the full suite of internal audit activities. You will not only prepare and conduct audits and reviews within the various business units of NIBC, but you will also provide senior managers with advice and recommendations to improve their risk governance. You will be responsible for the audit execution and act as the linking pin with senior management, up to the members of NIBC’s Executive Committee.
You will engage in the annual audit risk analyses and contribute to the internal audit plan. During audits and reviews, you assess operational processes from various viewpoints, that have been determined in advance together with management. You will also advise business management on any (governance) improvement opportunities.
Internal Audit has a pivotal role in the governance of NIBC, being the third line (of defense) in NIBC’s risk control framework. The primary role of Internal Audit is to provide independent assurance on the effectiveness of NIBC’s governance, risk management and internal control processes. Internal Audit reports directly to the Chairman of the Managing Board and the Chairman of the Audit Committee.
The Internal Audit team consists of 7 team members and is characterized by a professional, but also informal working environment, with room for new initiatives. We have further established a strong focus on developing skills and knowledge, and we support personal growth.
NIBC as employer
NIBC is an enterprising bank focused on our clients’ most decisive financial moments. We are a midsize bank with a culture that is best described as dynamic and ambitious. We share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our clients which we call our THINK YES mentality. You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. From our offices in The Hague, Frankfurt, London and Brussels, NIBC serves mid-market businesses and retail clients through a portfolio of client-focused products and services.
What’s in it for you?
NIBC is an ambitious environment where together we strive to create a fantastic workplace where you feel safe, and challenged to be the best version of yourself. To increase our professionalism we focus on giving each other continuous feedback.
Some of the other benefits:
- Next to a formal development budget you will get an annual personal development budget, to be spent at your own discretion.
- We work in a hybrid way to maintain a healthy work-life balance while still be connected and collaborating physically with each other. This is one of the drivers of our entrepreneurial and inventive culture.
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role.
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development.
- Vitality program, annual companywide sports & leisure day (also virtual).
- No vacation registration and officially 31 holidays and, of course, a competitive salary and excellent benefits (pension).
What do you bring?
The must haves
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (e.g. Information Management, Business Informatics, Business Economics);
- Certification in IT auditing (or pursuing) in particular Postgraduate IT audit degree RE (Register EDP Auditor) or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor);
- At least 5-7 years IT audit experience;
- Experience in reviewing: General IT controls, information system security and IT outsourcing;
- Independent and pro-active team player;
- Strong analytical skills and critical mind;
- Excellent communication skills, and planning/ organizing expertise; and
- Fluency in English, both verbally and written.
The nice to haves
- Knowledge and/or experience with financial service processes;
- Preferably security certified professional, e.g. CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CISM, CEH;
- Experience with auditing cloud, technical platforms, database management systems, networks; and
- Fluency in Dutch.
Diversity & Inclusion
An ambitious and engaged culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this and inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. At NIBC we are looking for people with diverse profiles, who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. Learn more about our purpose and corporate values: https://www.nibc.com/about-nibc/general/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
Indien u interesse heeft in deze vacature, kunt u contact opnemen met Mark Tewes via telefoonnummer 020 - 679 4119. U kunt uw reactie ook sturen naar firstname.lastname@example.org