Senior Operational Auditor
Aegon Asset Management is part of Aegon Group, one of the world's leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Currently, we are looking for a Senior Operational Auditor. Do you want to be part of a new global internal audit team? Then join us at Aegon Asset Management in The Hague!
As a senior Operational Auditor your role is to coordinate, execute (perform audits) and if necessary to oversee the delivery of internal audit (and related) services to Aegon Asset Management in alignment with the (approved) annual internal audit plan.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Risk Based Audit Planning: e.g. assist in establishing the (risk-based) annual Audit plan. Ensure that background explanations on the audit plan(s) are properly documented in the permanent file. This for the purpose of knowledge transfer within the Department, possible external review (regulators, IIA review) and generally adherence to quality standards.
- Delivery of Risk Based Audit Services: Perform all tasks to audit such as: planning the audit, execute the audit, close the audit, write the report and wrap up the audit
- Active Stakeholder Management: Seek engagement with (Senior/Middle/Departmental) Business leaders in AAM. In addition, actively advise AAM on Risk, Control and Business (risk) issue topics.
- Management Reporting/Quarterly Committee Reporting: Assist the Audit Manager in Ensuring that the quarterly reporting is being prepared and made ready for delivery to local committees (RCC/KERC/KARC/RAC amongst others) including data for the Aegon NV book preparation.
- Center of Expertise for Asset Management Audit: Work internationally with AAM Audit Colleagues to establish centers of Expertise for topics in the value chain/business for AAM Country Auditors.
In order to be successful in this position you thrive in a dynamic and changing environment. As this is a newly established team, there is still a lot of work to be done. You are the type of person that seeks out this new challenge and isn’t afraid of putting in the extra work to build this team together with the other team members and the manager.
About the team
The Group internal Audit Department Aegon Asset Management (GAAM) is a newly established Global Internal Audit Department located in The Hague. The CAE AAM who leads this department directs, co-ordinates and oversees all internal audit activities for Aegon Asset Management (AAM) worldwide which includes AAM NL, AAM US, TKPI (our multi-manager investment team in the Netherlands), Seamore and Pelargos and Kames Capital (our UK investment team). The Senior Operational Auditor is part of the global AAM Internal Audit team, consisting of and reports into Director Audit AAM.
About Aegon Asset Management
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. We use our investment management expertise to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security, with a focus on excellence, trust and partnership. Investors worldwide entrust Aegon Asset Management to manage approximately €343 billion on their behalf.
As Senior Operational Auditor you have a global mindset; meaning you have experience in dealing with different cultures and people. In addition, you are a team player, take ownership and are able to give effective push back when necessary. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 6-8 years of (internal) audit experience preferably in an internationally operating Internal Audit Department in Banking, Asset Management, Private Wealth Management or similar financial industry;
- University degree, preferably business economics/banking or think and act on academic level due to experience gained;
- Willingness to start or finish post graduate professional Audit preferably (Dutch) RA, (Dutch) RO, (UK) ACCA, (US) CPA, (US) CIA or a (US) CFSA (or similar).
- Fluent English language skills, both written and oral;
- Willingness to travel internationally on assignments and work in different teams of AAM located in other countries (max of 20% annual travel globally).
Let op deze vacature is recent vervuld. Voor soortgelijke posities kunt u contact opnemen met Tewes Financial Recruitment +31(0)20 6794119. Wij helpen je graag verder.